Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I able to use any vendor I choose for my wedding at Fields at Skycrest?
Yes, of course. We provide clients with a preferred vendors list as a helpful guide but clients are welcome to bring in vendors of their choice. We just require that you hire professional, self insured vendors. All vendors will be required to provide proof of insurance for your event. We do require a coordinator/planner for the day of your event and a licensed caterer who provides waitstaff to assist in serving and food/beverage clean up.
Moving into 2024, catering vendors must be selected from our preferred vendor list. Our diverse list includes catering options that will accommodate different price points and food styles. All other services you are welcome to bring in vendors of your choice.
- How far in advance does your venue book dates?
We typically book one year to two years in advance for prime Saturdays in the Spring and Fall months. Please see the availability calendar for dates of interest. For the most accurate information, please contact us to confirm availability for your date at email@example.com
- When will our wedding rehearsal be?
The date of your complimentary rehearsal is typically the day before your event. However, the timing of your rehearsal may be affected by other events. The exact day and time will be determined 30 days from your event.
- We want to bring in our own alcohol. How do I go about that?
We allow beer, wine, and liquor. For beer and wine, no permit is needed. However, all alcohol must be served by a professional and insured bartender. If serving liquor, a permit is required if the bartender/caterer contracted does not have a liquor license. The North Carolina ABC commission supplies LIMITED SPECIAL OCCASION permits for this type of event. Please refer to their website and instructions to obtain your permit after consulting with your contracted caterer/bartender.
- We love your venue but are still deciding. Can you hold our date for us?
Our bookings are on a first come, first serve basis. Your date will be secured with the receipt of a signed contract and a 50% deposit. In fairness to all, we will not hold your desired date without both. Clients will have the ability to sign the contract electronically and make the deposit via credit card or by cash/check.
- What types of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, check, and major credit cards. There is a 3% service fee for credit card transactions.
- Are there any accommodations for my guests nearby?
Yes, there are great hotels and restaurants just 15 minutes away in the Mooresville area. Your guests may also look into VRBO for lakeside houses or condos for rent for a local experience.
- Can I bring decorations and set up things for my wedding when I come to the rehearsal?
Unless rented for rehearsal dinner (subject to availability), we will NOT be able to accommodate dropping off items during your complimentary hour to perform your rehearsal. Due to liability and other event schedules - personal belongings, equipment, decorations, alcohol etc. are allowed to be dropped off ONLY on the day of your event beginning at 8am.
- Can you accommodate events other than weddings?
Yes, we love weddings but our space is also perfect for corporate parties and meetings, rehearsal dinners, retirement parties, class reunions, memorial services, anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Does the staff at Fields at Skycrest set up and break down tables and chairs?
Yes, our staff will set up ceremony chairs, reception tables and chairs the morning of your event. The number and placement of tables and chairs will be decided at your final meeting 30 days from your event. A diagram will be provided with the placement discussed so that everyone is on the same page the day of the event. Any changes to the final plan would need to be made in writing.
- This will be a destination wedding for many of my guests, are there things to do in the area?
Yes, with Mooresville being named Race City USA and with the proximity to Lake Norman there are lots of choices for exploring the racing industry, water sports, outdoor activities, etc. Please see Welcome LKN for more information.
- Do we need to buy liability insurance?
All clients must purchase a minimum 1M liability insurance policy for their event. A certificate of insurance and a policy endorsement naming Atwell Properties, LLC/Fields at Skycrest as additional insured on the policy shall be provided to Fields at Skycrest owners at least (30) business days before the day of the event. Many policies are affordable (around $150-500) and offer peace of mind for couples and their families when hosting such a special day. Please ask for suggestions if needed.
- When do I have to make a decision about a backup weather plan?
Every couple wants perfect weather for their special day. However, sometimes Mother Nature does not cooperate. Since our staff has to set up all of the ceremony chairs the day of the event, clients must make a decision by four hours prior to ceremony on the day of the wedding.
- We hope to have an outdoor ceremony. What are our other options if it rains or extreme temperatures occur?
We love our covered “Gathering Place” that has space for 300+ seated guests. It’s the best of both worlds. You have the beauty of the outdoors but don’t have to worry about rain or extreme heat on a summer day. There are also beautiful fireplaces inside and outside that would make gorgeous backdrops for ceremony.
- What’s Included in the Rental Fee?
Fields at Skycrest is a full service venue. We offer onsite parking, indoor and outdoor ceremony space, climate controlled reception space, additional space for cocktail hour, space for coat check if desired, large fireplaces inside and outside, built in bar space, beautifully appointed suites for the girls and guys, reception tables, chairs and ceremony chairs (specialty chairs can be provided for an upcharge).
We do not provide food/catering, bartending, photography, music/entertainment, or wedding planning services. However, we do provide you with a preferred vendors list that we feel confident will provide you with professionals who will give you exceptional service. We do not provide wedding planning services, but we do require couples to have an insured wedding planner for the day of the event. A staff member or owner will be on site at the venue throughout the event for any questions or concerns that may arise.
- Do you book multiple events on the same day?
No, we do not book multiple events on the same day. You have booked the venue for the entire day. You will have access to the venue from 8 am until 12 midnight. There could be tours or photo sessions during the morning of your event, but they would not have access to the dressing suites if occupied.
- What is the cost for renting the venue?
Please fill out our contact form and we will provide you with current pricing and details. With Saturday being the most coveted day, the fee for Saturday events is higher than Friday or Sunday events.
- What is the closest airport for out of town guests?
Charlotte Douglas International is the largest and closest airport to the property just 45 minutes away. However Greensboro has Tri-Cities Regional Airport and Asheville Regional Airport is a consideration for those wanting to make a vacation out of it. Local general aviation airports are also close by.
- What are directions to get to Fields at Skycrest?
195 Skycrest Lane, Cleveland, NC 27013. Please note: Fields at Skycrest entrance is off Triplett Road not Shinnville Road.Coming from Charlotte; via I-77 N
- Follow I-77 N to US-21 N in Iredell County.
- Take exit 33 from I-77 N for US-21 N.
- Turn right onto US-21 N. (4.8mi)
- Turn right onto Connector Rd. (.08mi)
- Continue onto Mazeppa Rd. (3.0mi)
- Turn left onto Triplett Rd. (2.9mi)
- Turn left onto Skycrest Lane; Fields at Skycrest.
- Follow I-77 S to Amity Hill Rd in Iredell County.
- Take exit 45 from I-77 S toward Troutman/Barium Springs
- Turn left onto Amity Hill Rd (3.6mi)
- Turn left onto Ostwalt Amity Rd (2.6mi)
- Turn right onto Triplett Rd (1.1mi)
- Turn right onto Skycrest Lane; Fields at Skycrest.